Winning Appliances Pty Ltd (ACN 002 193 688) and its related bodies corporate, including Winning Online Group Pty Ltd (ABN 99 151 836 314), Appliances Online Pty Ltd (ABN 19 151 833 546); Big Brown Box Pty Ltd (ABN 96 152 553 145); Winning Services Pty Ltd (ABN 34 152 213 039), Andoo Pty Ltd (ABN 49 115 622 172), Woodwin Pty Ltd (ABN 45 054 135 054), Heelix Pty Ltd (ABN 89 632 324 219) Best Home Chef Pty Ltd (ABN 66 159 385 841) and Home Clearance Pty Ltd (ABN 55 615 069 095) (referred to as the “Winning Group” or “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information you provide to us. We are bound by, and will abide by, the Australian Privacy Principles set forth in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and any other relevant privacy rules and legislation as amended from time to time. This includes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for persons located in the European Union.
This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information you provide to us. We are bound by, and will abide by, the Australian Privacy Principles set forth in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and any other relevant privacy rules and legislation as amended from time to time. This includes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for persons located in the European Union.
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by the Winning Group. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and you access these sites at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit to identify how it collects and uses personal information.
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect generally includes, but is not limited to:
- your name; - residential, shipping and billing addresses; - email address; - telephone or mobile numbers; and - interests and information about your transactions with us or our business partners, including the products and services we provide to you.
If you are accessing our products and services via our websites, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including the IP address of your computer (or other devices), your web browsing history on our websites and transactional data including your payment histories. We do not generally collect “sensitive information” (such as information about racial or ethnic origin, religious or political views, criminal records, health information etc) from you. If you are a participant of a competition organised by us, we may collect additional personal information from you. Please refer to the section “Competition Contestants” below for more information.
We do not store any credit card information obtained at our retail stores, by telephone or through our websites. We pass it onto our bank or where applicable, our supplier for processing. If you use PayPal, Afterpay, Klarna or Zip to complete your transaction, your personal information (including credit card information) will be collected and used in accordance with their respective privacy policies.. We only retain the last 4 digits for verification of your credit card on delivery. In some instances we request a copy of your driver’s licence and credit card to confirm delivery when you are not going to be at home or the products have been purchased as a gift to ensure the transaction is not fraudulent. This information is destroyed as soon as its accuracy is confirmed.
The Winning Group collects personal information directly from you:
- when you submit it online (including via email, live chats, through My Project,) to a website operated by the Winning Group; - you accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device; - by telephone or facsimile; - via EventBrite for events; or - in person at one of our stores or trade shows.
There may also be occasions when we collect personal information from publicly available sources or third parties, such as via our business partners where we are responsible for delivering goods or services directly to you, or social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter. When you contact us directly you have the option to interact with us by not disclosing personal information to us or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter. However, in some circumstances, we may be required or authorised by law or a court or tribunal to deal with you on an identified basis. Also, in some circumstances we may not be able to efficiently handle your inquiry if you are not identified or it may be impractical for us to deal with you in that way.
The Winning Group provides content and services on a range of platforms (including social media networks) with interactive features to which you may contribute. If you post your personal information in publicly accessible places or social media platforms, your personal information will become publicly available (subject to, where applicable, any privacy settings you have in place in social media platforms). The Winning Group will not be responsible for the protection of personal information you choose to publish this way.
The Winning Group may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected or purposes related to such initial purpose if such purposes would be within your reasonable expectations. For example, to:
- provide you with our products and services (including warranty services, repairs and replacement of products and customer care plan services); - respond to questions or product requests (including via online live chats); - forecast your future needs for our products and services; - keep a record of our dealings with each other and enable us to contact you when necessary; - develop a data profile to enable us to tailor our services to you; or (where applicable) conduct competitions and promotions in which you participated.
We may also use your personal information for purposes authorised by laws or regulations, such as to prevent or investigate alleged crime or fraud.
In addition, in order to improve and better our offers and services, the Winning Group may, from time to time, use your personal information to contact you to identify promotions, competitions, products and services offered by any entity in the Winning Group. By supplying us your information, you give the Winning Group permission to communicate with you via email, SMS, MMS, social media and telephone to inform you about products and services offered by any Winning Group entity, or our business partners which are relevant to you. This permission is not limited in time unless you choose to opt out by contacting us using the contact information provided below, or by utilising an ‘unsubscribe’ facility on a communication we send to you in which case, the Winning Group will take steps to ensure you do not receive any such direct marketing information in future. Some members of the Winning Group advertise with Google. Google may show you our advertisements based on your previous visits to our site. If you do not wish to see these advertisements you can opt-out by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
If you are a contestant of a competition held by us, subject to any “conditions of entry” to that competition and depending on the nature of the competition, we may require you to participate in photographs, videos or filming sessions, in which case, we will be in possession of your photographs, images or recordings of your voice. By participating in such competition, you consent to:
- the collection, release, publication or broadcasting of your personal information (including your name, photographs or video footages) as required by the relevant conditions of entry or by law; - disclosure of your personal information to sponsors of our competition; and - receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, our related entities and our sponsors from time to time via any medium.
- our products and services suppliers, such as for supplying products ordered by you and providing services in relation to maintenance and repairs of products; - financial services providers, such as our banks or third party supplier for securing payment of the products or services we provided to you, such as PayPal, Afterpay, Zip, Klarna, and where applicable credit report agencies or debt collectors; - our insurance partner, who may wish to contact you to offer insurance services in relation to the products that you have purchased; - technology service providers, such as internet service providers, database management services, digital mail providers who send communications on our behalf, live help service providers and service providers for the prevention of fraud and protection of data; - service providers who performs market research or manage or review the services provided to you, such as Satmetrix or Bazaarvoice; - mailing systems and courier companies which organise delivery of the products you have purchased; and - our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
These organisations may be located in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Canada and India. We require these organisations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles and any other relevant privacy rules and legislation as enacted from time to time, including the EU GDPR . These organisations are not permitted to use your personal information that we provide to them for their own marketing purposes. In addition, we may release your personal information under the following circumstances:
- when required to do so by a court or under applicable laws or regulation (for example, a subpoena) or where requested by a government agency; - where we consider a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of; and - to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to yourself or others.
If you provide a review or rating for a product available on our sites, you agree that we may publish part or all of your review or rating together with your first name and suburb. If you submit a question on our site, we may publish part or all of your question, together with the name or pseudonym you provide when submitting the question.
The Winning Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We regularly upgrade these systems and review our procedures to ensure high standards of security are used to protect your personal information. As a condition of working for the Winning Group all our employees sign a confidentiality agreement. However, since no system is 100% secure or error free, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from hackers or misuse. If you enter personal information on our website, you should exercise due care to safeguard any passwords, ID number, or other special access features associated with your use of our website. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information from our systems which is no longer required by us. As part of normal logging of network activity, some of the Winning Group systems may collect specific information about network and internet services accessed by individual users. This information may be stored for a period of time and analysed through AI/ML processes for suspicious behaviour. This information may be used in a forensic investigation, as may be required from time to time, in the event of a security incident or investigation.